Since its inception in 2015, the David Louis Cunha Foundation has been privileged to provide over $ 38,500.00 in donations to Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts children in need. In 2018, David's Foundation was able to proudly donate $ 15,050.00 to these children. And all we do is made possible by YOU.
Thanks to your kind generosity and most valued support, David’s Foundation was able to accomplish the following in 2018:
On January 1st, to commemorate David’s 24th birthday, the David Louis Cunha Foundation donated an additional $ 1,750.00 to the Edward Madden Open Hearts Camp to purchase a much-needed new AED (Automated External Defibrillator) along with three sets of adult & child pads, and backup batteries. An AED is used to react to and treat sudden cardiac arrest. This AED is crucial to the operation of the camp and the well being of the campers.
- February – Monster Tough 4 Davis Fundraiser. A donation of $ 500.00 was given to the Monster Tough 4 Davis Fundraiser in Warwick. The fundraiser was for Davis McLarnon, a three-year-old boy who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Funds went towards medical bills for the family.
- May - Scholarships to Smithfield High School. Two $1,000.00 scholarships were awarded to two graduating seniors who excelled more than any of their classmates in community service.
- July - A Wish Come True / Warwick, RI. A donation of $ 3,000.00 was given to sponsor a young boy’s wish for him and his family to visit Disney World. Davis is a four year who has been battling a form of brain cancer for quite some time now. But he was well enough to visit Disney and stay at Give Kids The World Village, the same place David, Cheryl & Peter stayed twenty years ago.
- July – Open Hearts Camp. A donation of $ 2,000.00 was given to Open Hearts Camp to sponsor eight for a two-week stay. This camp hosts cardiac children who have undergone open-heart surgeries, many of who have received heart transplants.
- August – Children’s Wishes / Warwick, RI. A donation of $ 2,000.00 was given to help sponsor a young girl’s wish for her and her Mom & Dad to visit Disney World in Florida. Four year old Violet was born with cancer, Infantile Fibrosarcoma.
And this past Christmas season, David's Foundation was most pleased to have been able to donate $ 3,800.00 to the following groups & agencies who specifically help children…children who do not experience the joys of Christmas that most do…children with no homes or who are away from their homes for good reason…children who are in great need of some Christmas kindness.
Adoption Rhode Island
Banner Of Love
Christmas Is For Kids
Layla’s Dream Toy Drive
Saint Michael’s Parish Outreach
Smithfield Rotary Club
The David Louis Cunha Foundation once again wishes to heartfully and most sincerely thank you for your caring, kindness and support...support in so many ways. We welcome 2019 as another year we are blessed to be able to reach out and help children. As always, if you should know of a family or children’s agency or group who you believe David’s Foundation could help, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We ALL make a wonderful team. And all we do, is always in the LOVING MEMORY AND HONOR OF OUR DAVID.