The David Louis Cunha Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, was established on January 13, 2015, upon the passing of David Cunha. The Foundation’s mission is to provide financial support to families with children living with life threatening medical conditions. The Foundation also awards scholarships to Smithfield High School graduating Seniors who excel in community service and embody a generous heart, as did David.
- March 2016 – Donation to A Wish Come True / Warwick, RI. Bella, a four year old girl with leukemia and her family granted a wish to go to Disney World ($4,000.00).
- May 2016 – Donation to Boston Children’s Pace Maker Camp. Five children from Rhode Island with pace makers granted a 3 day / 2 night stay at the camp ($2,240.00).
- May 2016 – Scholarships to Smithfield High School. Two $1,000.00 scholarships awarded to two students who have excelled in community service ($2,000.00).
We are also pleased to announce that this past Christmas Season, the David Louis Cunha Foundation donated over $ 2,000.00 to the following local agencies to specifically help children…children who do not experience the joys of Christmas that most do…children with no homes or away from their homes for good reason…children who were in great need of some Christmas kindness.
- Adoption Rhode Island
- Friends Way
- Tanner Hill House
- Aids Care Ocean State
- Crossroads Rhode Island Domestic Violence Program
- David’s Foundation also supported the Miracles for Maddox fundraiser held on December 10th.